Saturday, February 11, 2012

Epilogue

She was hardly a guest. But she was not uncivilized. She grew to not act threatened or hostile towards the animal that almost killed her. Her wound was healing, mine too, and mother was regaining her health and strength – a happy household.

I do not like naming. It’s too human. Humanness is bulky, you have to take something away to push humanness. I respected her too much for that. But I did talk to her. She must have talked to me too, her eyes were talkative. Perhaps she understood me better than I understood her.

After a few weeks, I let the improvised ‘rope’ loose one night. When I went out the next morning I hoped she had decided to stay.

She did come around a few nights later and left her paw marks all over the place... I will miss her too. She is at the end of a heavy chain much stronger than the improvised rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This website is aimed at children. So, please leave your message here. It will be added to the blog after moderation.